Pondicherry University 2018 Application Form for Distance Courseshas been released now. Pondicherry University is a central university which conducts its own entrance examination. This exam is known as Pondicherry University Entrance exam. The University was founded in the year 1985. Pondicherry University offers various programmes such as PG, Doctoral and Integrated Research programmes in the field of business administration, engineering, arts, science and many others.
The eligibility criteria for PG, Ph.D., Integrated and PG Diploma programmes are different. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate should pass their 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to secure at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must hold the Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to obtain at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam. In some other courses, a minimum 55% mark is required.
PG Diploma Course:
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates have to complete their master degree from a recognized university under 10+2+3 systems.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to qualify their qualifying examination with minimum 55% marks.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must study under 10+2+3 pattern (or 10+2+5) & completed their master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 55% marks (or equivalent grade) in the qualifying examination.
- Registration Start21stMar 2019
- Admit Card Date14thMay 2019
- Examination dates25thMay 2019
- Third week of March
- Second week of May
- Last week of May
For each course Rs.250/-,(Rs. 125/- for SC/ST), Exempted for differently abled candidates - subject to submission of relevant certificates.
Syllabus for the examination will comprise of questions which will be based on academic learning of graduation. General knowledge and English language questions also comprise weightage. The questions related to logical reasoning and knowledge related to distinctive cultures and geography.
The exam pattern is given here:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode (computer based online test).
- Type of Question: The question paper will be of a Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) types.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 question will be asked in the examination.
- Duration: The duration of the examination will be two hours (120 minutes).
- Total Marks: The total exam will be of 400 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given to the candidates for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For the wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.