Libraries are a vital part of our life now. With the growth in educational institutions in our country, the need for libraries is growing too. Because of this reason, Librarianship has now attained the status of a separate discipline. A Librarian’s work generally involves of the classification, shelving, sorting and indexing of publications.
The employment prospects for students of library and information science are very vast. Those candidates who are experienced in the field can find jobs in areas like Government and Public libraries and Universities in addition to other professional institutions, broadcasting and news agencies etc. Jobs can also be secured in private libraries and special libraries that are meant for particular categories of people. They can also find employment in documentation centers, archives, information, and museums etc. Library technicians can also work as cataloguers’, counselors and researchers etc.
Students of any discipline can apply for a course in Library & Information Science.
• Certificate course in Library and Information science (CLISc or CLIB) Eligibility : 10+2
• Diploma course in Library and Information Science (DLISC or DLIB) Eligibility : 10+2
• Bachelor in Library and information science (BLISC or B.LIB) Eligibility : Graduate in any discipline from recognized University
• Master in Library and information Science (MLISC or M.LIB) Eligibility : BLISc or B.LIB from recognized University
• M.Phil in Library and Information science Eligibility : MLISC or M.LIB from recognized University
• Ph.D. in library and Information Science Eligibility : MLISC from recognized University