Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai is the respective authority conducts XIC OET (Online Entrance Test) 2019 for aspirants looking to get admission into Post-graduate Diploma Courses. Online registration for XIC OET 2019 is has been commenced from April 2018. Candidates must ensure that they are eligible according to the eligibility norms of the institute before they proceed with the application procedure..
Students can check here the tentative dates of XIC OET exam dates 2019:
|Events of the Test||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Beginning of Application Process||April 1st 2019|
|Deadline for submission of the application form||May 20th 2019|
|Examination Date||April 22nd to May 21 2019|
|Group discussion and personal interview will be conducted||June 2019|
|Declaration of the final result||June 21st 2019|
|Display of the Waiting List||June 12th 2019|
|Conduction of Orientation Program||July 2019|
HOW TO APPLY?
- Candidates can make the payment of necessary amount by using debit card/credit card. Before making the payment please ensure that the net banking is enabled in your debit card/credit card.
- Please keep your scanned photograph ready before you proceed to apply for the test.
- Start online registration process from the official website i.e. http://xaviercomm.org/.
- Choose your desired centre and date.
- Upload the photograph and make the necessary payment.
- Registration fee: Rs. 3,000/- only. (inclusive of prevailing Service Tax)
- Portfolio Details: An applicant is permitted to send only two of his/her best presentations (maximum 10 MB) as per their respective course to Co-ordinator’s email id.
The exam is conducted by the Xavier Institute of Communication (XIC)
In this section, you will find the eligibility criteria led down by the authority, only the students that qualify the criteria will be able to apply for the exam.
- Age Criteria: Candidates aged 35 years or below are permitted to apply for this test.
- Candidates should have completed Graduation degree in Arts, Science, Commerce, Computers, BMS, BMM, BE, Catering, etc. of three-year duration.
- In case you’re the candidate in final semester Graduation degree exam then you may proceed to apply.
- In case the candidate is fulfilling the criteria mentioned above then they may apply for the exam.
The authority has not specified any XIC OET syllabus. However, candidates can go through the below-mentioned topics to perform well in the XIC entrance exam.
In this questions will be from topics related to correct the spellings, singular, plural, synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, one-word substitutes, etc.
General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media
In this section questions related to general knowledge and current affairs awareness will be asked wherein an aspirant’s aptitude regarding the same would be tested.
Logical and Analytical Skills
Candidates should practice questions from topics like – Series, Blood Relations, Directions, Critical Reasoning, Syllogism, and Analogy.
- The test will be organized in online mode.
- Duration of the test will be 90 minutes.
- Total marks specified for the test is 150.
- There will be 100 marks allotted for objective session and candidates will be given 60 minutes for solving all those questions.
- Talking about the subjective session will be of 50 marks and candidates will be provided 30 minutes for solving this session.
- Online test qualified candidates will be further invited to appear for personal video interview.
- In case candidates have applied for PR, MCM and AICP programs they do not need to appear in Personal Video Interview session.
- Fee payment will be done through net banking or debit/credit card, ensuring that these cards are net banking
Application Fee 1500 (including all taxes)
Candidate can receive their admit card from the official website of the Xavier Institute of Communication(XIC).
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION
Candidates can use the link given below for the preparations
Student’s selection in the particular course is based on the Group Discussion/ Personal Interview/ Skype Interview. Those students who qualify for the Skype Video Interview/ Personal Interview will be intimated by the test supervisor immediately on the completion of an online test.
Candidates will have to wait for at least an added hour till the Skype video takes place. Depending on the course students need to appear for either group discussion or interview.
The following table shows the selection process of different courses:
|Diploma in Journalism & Mass Communication||XIC OET|
|Personal Interview Skype Interview|
|Diploma in Public Relations & Corporate Communications||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Advertising & Marketing Communication||XIC OET|
|Diploma in Film, Television & Digital Video Production||XIC OET|
Students clearing their XIC OET entrance test from Delhi center will have their Group Discussion/ Personal Interview at Delhi Center itself.
REFERENCE BOOKS AND COACHING CENTRE
- Previous Year Question Bank
- XIC Entrance Exam Guides
- RS Aggrawal
- All India Coaching Center (Multiple Locations)
- AKASH Institute
- Allen Coaching Center
OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND HELP DESK
Phone number: 91-571 2102607
Website: https Click Here