Symbiosis National Aptitude Test 2019 or SNAP 2019 is a national level qualifying exam conducted by the Symbiosis International University (SIU) annually. It is a gateway for admitting individuals into various MBA programs offer by the management colleges that are affiliate to the university. There are 15 Symbiosis institutes which accept SNAP score.
Some key features of SNAP 2019 are stated below:
- SNAP 2019 notification will be available on the official website i.e. www.snaptest.org.
- Students must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for reserved category) to fulfill the minimum SNAP eligibility norms.
- SNAP 2019 will be held in the 3rd week of December 2019 in a single session.
- SNAP 2019 Registration will begin from August 2019.
- The exam will consist of 150 objective type questions and will be held in the online mode. Check SNAP Exam Pattern
- SNAP 2019 Result will be declare in the 4th week of December 2019.
- Candidates who qualify the exam will be called for Group Exercise, Personal Interview and Written Ability Test (GE- PIWAT).
SNAP scores are used for admitting candidates for around 2257 seats in the 15 institutes associate with the university. The top 3 institutes under SNAP are SIBM (Pune), SCMHRD (Pune) and SIIB (Pune). Every year around 50,000 students apply for this exam
The schedule propose for SNAP 2019 is given below. The important dates regarding admission process will be available on the official website of the management test.
|Commencement of SNAP 2019 Registration||2nd week of August 2019|
|Last date for filling SNAP Application Form||4th week of November 2019|
|Last date for paying application fee||4th week of November 2019|
|Availability of SNAP 2019 Admit Card||1st week of December 2019|
|SNAP 2019 Exam Date||3rd week of December 2019|
|SNAP 2019 Result Date||4th week of December 2019|
|Commencement of Shortlisting for GE- PIWAT||3rd week of January 2020|
|GE- PIWAT rounds will be conducted in||1st week of February 2020|
|Release of SNAP 2019 Final Merit List||4th week of February 2020|
HOW TO APPLY?
NAP 2019 Application Forms can be fill by students interest to pursue the various MBA programs through the online mode only. SNAP Application process will begin from August and will conclude by November 2019. Basic details like personal information and educational qualifications have to be filled in the application form. SNAP online registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by entering personal details to create user’s login account.
- Payment of application fee via online or offline mode.
- Fill online Registration Form (Part 2)
How to fill SNAP 2019 Application Form Online?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online for the SIU entrance exam:
- Visit the official website i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on “ New Register” button and click ‘I Agree’
- Fill your personal, educational, and other details (Part 1)
- Click ‘Save and Continue’ to receive and OTP on mobile number and email id
- Enter OTP and submit
- You will receive a SNAP ID & Password via email and SMS
- Pay the application fee through either online mode (INR 1750) or Demand Draft (INR 2065)
- Proceed to Online Registration Form (Part 2) to choose programmes and colleges.
The exam is conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indrapastha University
The eligibility criteria for SNAP 2019 is as set up by the conducting university. Aspirants should make sure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility norms for the MBA courses before applying for the entrance exam. The eligibility criteria for SNAP 2019 are given below.
- Students must be a citizen of India to be able to appear for SNAP 2019.
- Foreign nationals are also eligible to apply and will be admitted through a separate admission process.
- There is no age limit prescribe for the management test by the SIU.
- Participants must have a graduation degree in any stream with a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for reserved category).
- Those who are appearing for the final exam of the qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
In SNAP 2019, the questions asked are of 10+2 level covering a multitude of topics. The important topics that participants should study well according to each section are represent in the table below:
|Genegral Awareness||Logical Reasoning||Verbal Ability||Quantitative Aptitude|
|Entertainment Politics Current affairs World events Finance & Economy Social issues Science & Tech History, Geography Books & Authors||Critical reasoning Coding and decoding puzzles Blood relations Syllogisms Arrangement||Sentence correction Antonyms Fill in the blanks Idioms Syllogisms Analogies Contextual usage||Simple and Compound interest Venn diagram HCF & LCM Trigonometry Ratios and Proportion Number system Charts and tables|
SNAP 2019 is a computer-based test conducted in the English language only. The question paper will have only objective questions. Duration of exam will be 2 hours and sectional time limit will not be applicable.
- The paper will be divide into 4 sections- Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and General Awareness.
- A total of 150 questions will be ask in the exam.
- Every correct answer will be award +1 mark while a penalty of 0.25 marks will be charge for wrong answers.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Type of questions||Objective|
|Number of questions||150|
|Sections in paper||4 (Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability and General Awareness)|
|Marking Scheme||+1 mark for every correct answer|
|Negative marking||Yes, 1/4th mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Medium of language||English|
Individuals must pay the application fees of INR 1750 for students of all categories. It can be submit via online and offline mode. The process for pay the fees by each mode is given below:
- Online mode: Applicants can remit the fees either by Net Banking, Debit or Credit Card.
- Offline mode: Students can also pay by Demand Draft of the requisite amount drawn in favour of ‘Symbiosis Test Secretariat’ payable at Pune.
|Online mode||INR 1750|
|Demand Draft||INR 2065|
Note: Applicants have to pay INR 1000 for each program that they have applied for in the desired institute. If they wish to pay through a DD, then they must pay INR 1180.
SNAP 2019 Admit Card will be available 2 weeks prior to the exam. These hall tickets should be download latest by the exam date from the official website. Every individual should have a copy of the hall ticket so as to be able to appear for the management entrance test. Steps to download SNAP 2019 Admit Card is given below:
- Log on to the official website of SNAP i.e. snaptest.org
- Click on the link ‘Download Admit Card’.
- Enter the User ID, Password and security code and click on ‘login’.
- SNAP Admit Card 2019 will appear on the screen.
- Go through all the details carefully and take 2-3 print outs of it.
PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTION PAPERS
- Candidates can use the link given below for the preparations
- CLICK HERE
SNAP is held for admissions into PG management programs offer by the Symbiosis International University and the institutes affiliate with it. After the results are announce, each participating institute will announce its individual SNAP Cut Off.
Aspirants who secure the minimum cut off marks will have to participate in Group Exercise, Personal Interaction, and Writing Ability Test (GE – PIWAT) rounds. These rounds will likely be held from February 2020. Individuals who wish to be admit in the SIU colleges will have to attend all rounds of GE-PIWAT. These rounds are explain in brief below:
- Group Exercise: This round assesses the ability of candidates to apply logic and reasons. It brings out the individual’s ability to take decisions and his management skills are highlight. This round will be mark out of 10 marks.
- Written Ability Test: Applicants will be ask to write an essay which will have a weight of 10 marks. The essay can be relate to a business management topic or any other related topic.
- Personal Interaction: This is the most crucial part of the selection procedure. The aspirant’s overall personality and confidence will be evaluate. Students must confidently answer questions related to their own academic area and work experience. It will carry a total of 30 marks.
REFERENCE BOOKS AND COACHING CENTRE
- Previous Year Question Bank
- GGSIPU Entrance Exam Guides
- HC Verma
- RS Agrawal
- Akash Insitute
- Allen Coaching centre
OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND HELP DESK
- Phone number: +91 (11) 26793768
- CLICK HERE
- IIT JEE
- IIT JAM
- MU CET