The Neurologist study the nerves and the medical speciality related to the human nervous system.
He is the medical practitioner who specializes in neurology.
WHAT DO WE MEAN BY NEUROLOGY?
Neurology is the specialized branch of medicine which studies the ailments of the nervous system such as the brain, central nervous system etc of a human body.
In simple words, Neurology is the branch of biology or medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of the nervous system.
IMPORTANT FIELDS IN NEUROLOGY:
- Neuro-medicine is a field of practice in the hospital where neurosurgeons, neurologists work as a team to provide care for the patients suffering from neurological disorders.
2. Neurologists who deal with surgical procedures are known as Neurosurgeons.
Who are medical doctors who specialize in performing surgical treatments of the brain or nervous system?
- Candidates have to pass their 10+2 with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).
- After 12th, you can pursue a national and state level medical entrance exam such as
1.NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test),
2.AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Science),
3.JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research), etc for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
It is 5 ½ years duration Course.
- Further, you can go for MD (Doctor of Medicine)/DNB (Diplomate of National Board) in general medicine or Pediatrics.
- After completing one of these courses, you can pursue specialization in the field of Neurology.
- To get admission in specialization course, you have to appear for the entrance exam that is conducted by the various Institutions.
Bachelor Courses (4 years):
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
Master Courses (2 years):
- MD/DNB in General Medicine
- Post Graduate Diploma in Neurology
- Doctor of Medicine in Neurology
Top Colleges in India that offer the given courses:
- All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi.
- National Brain Research Centre, Haryana.
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
- Narayana Medical College & Hospital, Andhra Pradesh.
- Krishna Institute of Medical Science, Andhra Pradesh.
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra.