National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduation is one of reputed post-graduation entrance exams in India. The National Board of Education, New Delhi conducts this exam. Students who wish to pursue a masters degree in medicine can apply for NEET PG. All the top colleges in India have NEET PG as their primary selection criteria.
- Official notice and information bulletin- 2nd November 2018
- Application form availability- 2nd November 2018
- Last date for applying- 22nd November 2018
- Admit card availability- 30th December 2018
- Examination date- 6th January 2019
- Results out- 31st January 2019
- Counselling rounds- 15th March 2019
How to apply?
- Once the information bulletin is out, candidates who fit in the eligibility criteria can apply for NEET PG online.
- The application forms are available online on the official NBE website.
- Students have to create a unique login ID.
- Personal details and educational details need to be entered by the candidates.
- Uploading of the relevant documents and identity proofs has to be done by the candidate from the registered ID.
- The candidate has to confirm and submit the application form once completed.
- Application form fees have to be paid via online gateway by the candidates.
- The copy of the application form and payment receipt has to be maintained by the candidates for the further references.
Conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE), New Delhi
- The candidate has to be a citizen of India. NRI candidates should have the necessary permissions and documents from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Candidate should have completed MBBS from an institute recognised by Medical Council of India.
- The Candidates should possess MBBS Certificate/Provisional MBBS Certificate from Medical Council of India.
- Candidate should have completed the internship before 31st
- The Syllabus for NEET PG Exam includes subjects as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India.
- The subjects/topics are as follows,
- Forensic medicine
- Social and preventive medicine
- Medicine dermatology and Venereology
- Surgery, ENT, orthopaedics & anaesthesia
- Radiodiagnosis & radiotherapy
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
- The exam consists of 300 multiple choice questions.
- The total time duration of the exam is 3hours and 30mins.
- The method of conduct is online.
- Each question carries four marks.
- There will be negative -1 marks for every wrong answer.
- The topic wise number of questions are as follows,
- Forensic medicine-10
- Social and preventive medicine-25
- Medicine dermatology and Venereology-37
- Surgery, ent, orthopaedics & anaesthesia-46
- Radiodiagnosis & radiotherapy-12
- Obstetrics and gynaecology-25
- Candidates have to pay the examination fees via the online payment gateway.
- The fees for NEET PG exam is Rs.3750 for General Category Candidates and Rs.2750 for SC/ST/PWD(PH) category candidates.
- The payment acknowledgement receipt has to be maintained by the candidates for further references.
- The admit card is made available on the official NBE website.
- Exam details such as venue, timing, roll number are present on the admit card.
- Admit card also has candidate’s photograph and signature printed on it.
Previous year question paper
- NEET PG 2005: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mawzRxl48yWlU2Q2JrcGF2VFE/view
- NEET PG 2012: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mawzRxl48yV3U5MkdYU2xPNEE/view
- The NEET PG 2013: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mawzRxl48yMGMycENFbWs3SW8/view
- NEET PG 2014: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mawzRxl48yT1gzMnNaRHZMRW8/view
- Students who clear the cut-offs of the entrance exams can apply for counselling rounds.
- Document verification has to be done by the candidates before the counselling.
- Seat allotment depends on the merit scores.
- Once a seat is allotted to a candidate the candidate has to pay the admission fees and secure the seat.
- The documents essential for document verification are as follows,
- Admit Card
- MCI certificate
- Application Form
- Counselling Letter
- Payment receipt
- Educational certificates
- National Identity Proofs
- Transfer Certificate
- Caste Certificate (for SC/ST category) / Non-Creamy Layer (for OBC category)
Reference books and coaching centre
- Previous year question bank
- MBBS books
- Medical case studies
- Self Assessment NEET PG- Dr.Sandhya Gaur
- All India PG 20 Authors- Antan Umesh Kumar T
- Mission MD/MS/DNB- Vision Books
- Delhi Academy of Medical Science (Multiple Locations)
- Dr Bhatia PG medical coaching institute (Multiple Locations)
- PG DIAMS (Multiple Locations)
- Dr Mentors (Online Coaching)
Official website and helpdesk
- Official Website Click Here
- Helpdesk Click Here
- Helpline Number: 1800-11-1700 / 1800-11-1800 (Toll-Free)