KEAM stands for Kerala Engineering, Agricultural, Medical Exam. The office of the Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE) conducts KEAM to offer admissions to interested candidates in undergraduate degree courses like BTech/BArch/MBBS/BDS/BAMS/BSMS/BHMS/BUMS/BSc/BVSc & AH/BFSc/BPharm offered at various professional colleges in the state of Kerala. This examination is only for the engineering and pharmacy courses because as per the latest news report, medical, agriculture, forestry, veterinary, fisheries courses admissions in Kerala will be done on the basis of NEET exam organized by CBSE. CEE has released the notification inviting fresh applicants for admission to Architecture/Medical & Allied courses (including MBBS & BDS) in the State from candidates who have not yet submitted applications to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations under KEAM.
Please note that the following Dates are tentative and shall be updated on confirmation by the authorities soon.
|Date of start of Online registration for KEAM||1st week of February 2019|
|Last date to register||4th week of February 2019|
|Last date for receipt of application and documents at KEAM office||4th week of March 2019|
|Date of Release of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2019|
|Date of KEAM 2019 (Paper I)||4th week of April 2019|
|Date of KEAM 2019 (Paper II)||4th week of April 2019|
|Date of Release of Official Answer keys for Paper I and Paper II||4th week of April 2019|
|Date of Announcement of Result||4th week of May 2019|
|Date of Submission of class XII standard marks for Rank List||1st week of June 2019|
|Date of Rank List Announcement||3rd week of June 2019|
|Date of Commencement of Counselling Procedure||4th week of June 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 1||First week of July 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 2||Second week of July 2019|
|Last date for online option confirmation and re-arrangement/ deletion/addition||Third week of July 2019|
|Seat Allotment – Round 3||Third week of July 2019|
|Online Choice Filling for Phase 2 (for filling vacant seats)||Fourth week of July 2019|
|Phase II – Seat Allotment||Fourth week of July 2019|
How to Apply?
Candidates need to follow six step process to successfully submit their application form for the exam:
Step 1: KEAM 2019 Registration
This is a one-time procedure. During the process, candidates will get a system generated Application Number. Candidates are requested to enter their own password when demanded.
Step 2: Upload Images
Students need to upload a recent passport size photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression, all in jpeg format of given specifications.
Step 3: Filling application form for KEAM
Candidates need to fill all the basic information, such as their name, education, date of birth, email ID, phone number as well as other information required at the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
Candidates should fill the KEAM application form thoroughly. Any mistake in filling this form or if the candidate provides false/incomplete/wrong information then this will affect the candidate’s eligibility for admission or claim for reservation under any category.
Step 4: Payment of KEAM Application Fee
The candidate has to provide payment details of application fee.
Step 5: Printout of the Application
Candidate should take a printout of the online submitted application which contains all the information provided by the candidate. Candidates should also get the Course Certificate and Nativity Certificate provided in the application.
Step 6: Send the printout of application and supporting documents to CEE
Finally, candidates need to affix their photograph of 3.5 x 4.5 cm size which is same as the photograph uploaded on the online application duly attested by the Head of the Institution which he/she studied last or by a Gazetted Officer.
The applicant as well as his/her parent should sign in the specified areas on the printout of the application and attach supporting documents/certificates and send the same to the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, at the below-mentioned address:
“Office of the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations, 5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001”
Documents to be send with KEAM 2019 Application Form
- Print out of the filled application form of KEAM 2019 (The first page should be attested by a Government Gazetted Officer/ Head of Institution)
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Original Nativity Certificate
- Original Course Certificate or Self Attested Copy of Mark List
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of Special Reservation (if applicable)
- Original Income Certificate (if applicable)
Conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE) of Kerala
- Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Medical and Allied Courses must necessarily qualify in the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – UG 2019 (NEET-UG 2019) which will be conducted by the CBSE.
- Candidates desirous of seeking admission to Architecture Courses must qualify in the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- However,, preparation of the Kerala State rank lists and the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP) for both Medical and Engineering streams will be done by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE), Kerala.
- Candidates for Medical & Allied courses must necessarily apply online to both the CBSE (for NEET-UG 2019) and the CEE, Kerala (for KEAM 2019), through the respective online application portals. Similarly, Architecture candidates must apply for KEAM-2019 in addition to applying and appearing for NATA conducted by the Council of Architecture.
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear for this entrance exam who have completed 17 years of age as on the 31st December 2019. There is no upper age limit for KEAM 2019.
Candidates seeking admission at professional colleges in the state of Kerala need to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria for KEAM 2019:
Only those candidates can apply for KEAM exam who are citizens of India. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders shall be treated at par with Indian citizens for the purpose of admission. However, PIO/OCI candidates will not be eligible for any kind of reservation.
Indian citizens will further be classified as Keralites and Non-Keralites on the following basis:
KEAM 2019 eligibility criteria states that candidates who are of Kerala origin shall be categorised as a Keralite for the purpose of admission. Here, candidates whose parents are All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) allotted to Kerala cadre also fall in this category. But they will not be eligible for Communal/Special/Persons with Disabilities reservation or any fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I (NK I)
A candidate who isn’t from Kerala origin but fulfills any one of the below-mentioned eligibility criteria will be categorised as ‘Non-Keralite Category I’:
- Studied in Kerala from Class VIII to XII and is not of Kerala Origin
- Studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites belonging to the Government of India/Defence Service, posted to Kerala.
- Has studied 10+2 in Kerala and whose parents are Non- Keralites serving/served Government of Kerala for a minimum period of two years (including the period of study of the qualifying exam).
Non-Keralite Category-II (NK II)
KEAM eligibility criteria further states that candidates who are not from the ‘Keralite’ or ‘Non- Keralite Category-I’ shall be considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’.
Candidates falling under NK II category can only apply to the ‘State Merit’ seats which are on offer at the Private Self-financing Engineering Colleges in Kerala or the “Management Quota” seats available in Self-financing Engineering institutions under Government control.
Eligibility Criteria for Engineering courses
Candidates are eligible to apply for programmes like BTech (Ag Engg) and BTech (Food Engg) and BTech (Dairy Science & Technology) if they fulfill the below-mentioned criteria:
- Must have cleared the HSC exam of Kerala or equivalent from a recognised board.
- Must have secured a minimum 50% marks in Mathematics as well as 50 % marks in aggregate in Physics and Chemistry
- However, candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or Examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 45% marks in Mathematics.
- Physics and Chemistry put together are eligible for admission under Management Quota in Private Self Financing Engineering Colleges/Government Controlled Self Financing Engineering Colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for BTech (DSc & Tech)
Candidates are eligible to apply under this category if they have:
- Passed HSC exam of Kerala or its equivalent with 50 % marks in Mathematics or Biology
- Secured an aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology
Such candidates will need to pursue a make-up course in Basic Mathematics (2+0) credits or Applied Biology (1+1) credit as the case may be.
The Syllabus will have all topics from subjects like physics, chemistry and mathematics based on NCERT from CBSE (10+2 grade or equivalent exam).
- Number of Questions: 120
- Duration of the exam: 150 minutes
- For each correct response in the Engineering Entrance Examination, the candidates will be awarded 4 marks, and for each incorrect response, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
The pattern for KEAM 2019 is as follows:
|KEAM Exam||Subject||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||Physics and Chemistry||120||480|
- Fee Payment shall be done through an online portal by using a credit card, debit card or net banking or by E-challan (In case of payment through e-challan, the payment should be made in all Head /Sub Post Offices in Kerala, in cash).
- Candidates choosing ‘Dubai’ as Examination Centre will have to remit an additional fee of Rs.12000/- by way of online payment or E-chalan.
The application fee for all candidates will be as follows:
- Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/both Rs.700/- for General and Rs.300/- for SC Candidates
- Architecture only/ Medical & Allied only/both – Rs.500/- for General and Rs.200/- for SC Candidates
- Both (a) & (b) – Rs.900/- for General and Rs.400/- for SC Candidates
- The Admit Card for this entrance examination can be downloaded from the official website of CEE www.KEAM.org.in.
- The candidate has to carry the admit card to the examination centre.
Previous Year Question Paper
The KEAM UG 2019 exam papers and answer sheets are available online.
KEAM UG 2017 Model Question Paper
Engineering Paper I
Engineering Paper I
- Candidates can view their results via online mode through the website.
- Merit list is prepared on the basis of 50:50 criteria, i.e. 50% for marks obtained in the KEAM exam and 50% for marks scored in the qualifying exam.
- The process of seats allocation is made by Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
- In the counselling process, candidates have to fill the stream/colleges of their choices and lock the choices.
- Seats are allotted to candidates as per the merit list, filled choices & availability of seats in colleges.
Reference Books and Coaching Centres
- Previous Year Question Bank
- Guidebooks by Arihant publication
- KEAM Entrance Exam Guides
- Aakash Institute (Multiple Locations)
- Allen Career Institute (Multiple Locations)
Official Website and Help Desk