The National Aptitude Test in Architecture is a national level examination conducted by the Council of Architecture through which admission to architecture for under graduation level is done. The marks of this test are used by various universities. This exam aims to test the skills required by students in the field of architecture like observational and drawing skills, proportionality, aesthetic sensibility and critical thinking skills. This test is a must to obtain admission in the architecture program in any recognized university, apart from other exams that may follow.
The 2018 NATA Examination has the following important dates:
- 16 January 2018: Online applications starts
- 02 March 2018: Online applications ends
- 02 April 2018: Admit cards available
- 29 April 2018: NATA 2018 Examination
- 01 June 2018: Results out
The test takes place in two parts. The first one is a drawing test on paper which tests various attributes necessary for architecture. The other is a computer-based aesthetic sensitivity test.
If you are one of the many aspirants competing for a seat in the nation’s best architecture you must have a strong grasp on various topics.
- Mathematics takes up a major part in this examination; both basic and advanced. All topics till Class XII should be studied.
- Books to refer: Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma
- General Knowledge, especially related to architecture.
- Books to refer: Manorama Yearbook 2018
- Drawing skills should be sharpened
- Understanding and analyses of all shapes, geometry, dimensions and other visual aspects.
Best of Luck!